Sunday, May 22, 2011

Twofer

I had a busy weekend, and I completed my challenges for today and yesterday on time but didn't have time to post yesterday, so this will be a two-challenge post.  Are you ready?!?!

Challenge for Day 18: Work with the things you find in your car (or a friend's car if you don't have one).

I was in my car a lot yesterday, but the things in my car aren't very exciting or inspiring.  Instead, I took a picture of something I have in my car, dangling from the rearview mirror:


A time turner keychain I bought as a souvenir from The Wizarding World of Harry Potter last fall.  And it was such a beautiful day, I snapped a few photos and a short video of the outdoors.  I think my little camera does a good job taking pictures while in a moving vehicle.  Look at this blue sky!



Visited some family nearby.  This is what the drive looks like from where I live back to my hometown:


I realize I didn't really make anything yesterday, but I felt like it was more important to honor the beauty I saw than to try to cook something up just to stick to the rules of the day's challenge.

Day 19 Challenge: Create something that floats on water (it doesn't have to be a boat).

But what if I want to make a boat?  A quick assessment of my materials, and that's where my mind went:



I wove together some regular curling ribbon and taped along the edges, made a tiny sail out of a snipped piece of paper taped to a toothpick, and I had a little floating raft.  I think it's pretty cute.

I saw a cool advertisement for a book today called Drawing Nature: A Journal by Jill Bliss.  I think that her illustrations are really beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment