Friday, May 13, 2011

Handy

Blogger (or blooger as I mistakenly typed before that) was down last night when I intended to post, so here is yesterday's challenge.

Day 11: Work on the other hand.  Pick a medium you're comfortable with, then work with your nondominant hand.

I'm a righty, and I doodle trees and flowers all the time, mostly when I'm on the phone, so I decided to check out my left handed drawing skills.  Here's a typical righty drawing:


I was short on time yesterday and wanted to keep my drawing pretty basic anyway, anticipating that my left hand would be totally shaky and do things I didn't want it to, so here's my lefty tree drawing:


I actually love the gestural and free quality of this drawing!  I will have to keep my left hand in mind when I'm working on drawings or paintings in the future and I want to take a different approach.  

No comments:

Post a Comment