Sunday, May 15, 2011

Tea art

I don't have the 365 book with me right now, so I don't remember the exact wording of today's challenge,  but it involves working with tea somehow - either using tea itself, the bag, the grounds, etc.  I've painted with water that was heavily steeped with tea, so I decided to try something new.  After drinking a couple cups of tea, I opened up my teabag to make something with the grounds.  Here's my project:

And a close up of the project:


In addition to sketching trees a lot, I sketch a lot of faces in profile.  This project didn't take long at all.  I like the gritty quality of the used up tea leaves and think they are a pretty cool medium.  I ran out of room to finish the head and make hair, but that would be super cool!  To move around the grounds on the plate, I just used my fingers and a butter knife. 

No comments:

Post a Comment