Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 1

Project: The first step is the hardest, so start small today and make something that fits in the palm of your hand using only the materials in your immediate environment.

I looked around - scrap paper on the floor, how about I craft a tree out of it?  I totally have wire.  So I started.  I limited myself to materials in my apartment - hey, it's less than 1,000 square feet, that's immediate enough of an environment for me.  Plus, I already had my idea so I wasn't overwhelmed with possibilities.  I knew that I had paint that I could use too, having just moved and taken a rough inventory of my art supplies, so I decided to paint the entire thing green when I was done.  Here's the result:




The tree measures about 4.5"H x 3"W, so it definitely fits in the palm of my hand but all of the pictures I took of it actually laying in the palm of my hand turned out super weird.  I feel pretty good about how quickly I thought about this idea, gathered supplies, and executed the first day's challenge.  It probably took about 20 minutes total to complete, save for the dry-time for the paint.  

No comments:

Post a Comment