Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Dollah!

Day 15: What can you do with just a dollar?  Use a dollar bill as your medium or inspiration today.

When I read about this challenge last night, I was thinking it sounded pretty cool.  Today, however, I spent about a half hour folding a dollar bill different ways and coming up with really uninteresting stuff.  I ended up just making a basic accordion fold repeatedly and taping the bottom to make a fan.  At least the shadows are interesting, and I forgot how much I liked to think about shadows in my work:



An acquaintance sent me a message recently with a few links I might be interested in, and I wanted to share one that's particularly interesting to me.  I agree with a lot of what Austin says, mostly about how nothing is original, you shouldn't wait until you know yourself to make things, and you should put your work out there to invite others to talk about it.  Writing this blog is going out on a limb for me, it's putting myself out there for criticism, but most of my feedback has been positive (mind you, I understand that I'm not widely well-known).  I just really identified with Austin's reality of being an artist.  Furthermore, I totally love his blackout idea!  I find this one to be particularly great:


No comments:

Post a Comment