Monday, May 16, 2011

Tiny

Challenge for Day 14: Make something microscopic.  How small can you work?  Can you make something that requires a magnifying glass or a microscope to see?

So I think it would be way cool to make tiny things, but I think my eyes would hate me forever.  I've done some rather detailed drawings before because I like the quality of the Pilot G-2 pens and getting into precise line work, but I can only do a little at a time since my eyes get so wiggy from it.  Kind of like watching tv or being on a computer too long.  Here's one drawing I did a while back:



For today, I obtained a magnifying glass and played around with working on tiny pen drawings with it.  Here's the result, with a dime for size:


A tiny little tree!  It was super hard to get close-up detail, since my camera is not superb, my camera skills are far from great, and my photo editing software is, well, the standard kind that came with my computer.  Here's a couple blurry shots that look more like faded old tattoos to me:



I kind of really like the quality of that last close-up.  

In other things, I rediscovered the awesome illustrations of Trina Schart Hyman this weekend.  Beautiful stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment