Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day #3

Challenge: Make something out of paper, but don't use scissors or glue or draw on it.  What now?  (And no, you don't have to know origami to do this).

Ok, so I know how to make an origami swan, but I've done enough of them that I felt that I'd be cheating to make one for this challenge.

So I started thinking on my broad theme, Nature, and decided to tear a maple leaf shape out of paper.  For this challenge, I kept things pretty basic.


That picture is my first attempt.  Even though it's been a long day and I started this challenge well into the evening, I wasn't exactly happy with the result.  So I tried again, folding the paper first and tearing more carefully for a more controlled and symmetrical effect:



I've used leaves in work previously and like collecting them in the fall, seeing all the colors change on the trees - one of the great things about living in Michigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment