Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Celebration!

Hi friends!  Today I'm celebrating 200 views to my blog!  Cool!  Fun fact: some of those views came from Germany, Singapore, and Australia.  Thanks, internationals!  I've set my blog to not count when I've looked at my blog, so these are all legitimate views.  Wicked.  :-)

On to the challenge: Write a ten-word love story.  Bonus: Illustrate it.

Whoa.  I frickin' love this challenge.  (There's a story right there, and only 6 words!).

So I got into my head a lot to come up with good stories.  I really wanted to come up with some cute or really cool and meaningful stuff.  Here are a few of my 10-word creations, not really sure if they're "stories", however:

  1. My heart is loyal to myself, and you with me.
  2. I loved my green shoes that took me everywhere.
  3. "Find an old-fashioned love, like Andy Williams," said Jae. 
That last one is actually a true story.  I work with this woman named Jae, and I'm not sure how old she is but it's definitely in the senior citizen category.  She has tons of kids and grandkids and is always talking about them and sharing life advice.  Now, I recently put a fairly attractive picture of Andy Williams on my tack-able wall space at work because I totally dig him, and she happened to see this picture and went on and on about how she saw him back in the day, how the song "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" is great year-round (I agreed), and how I needed to hang on to a good old-fashioned guy like him.  I know, the explanation of this "story" is longer than 10 words, but I felt compelled to share.

Then I came up with one last story: True love is when your heart and brain agree.

Always up for an extra bonus, I drew a little picture of this sentiment:



I love love.  I love it so much that I have a tattoo of it!  Love is the best.



No comments:

Post a Comment