Monday, May 2, 2011

Intro

I have decided today that I will start my 365 day creativity challenge, inspired by Noah Scalin.  I first heard about his skull project a little over a year ago, then found out a couple months ago about his book, 365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!


Inspired by the 365 idea and frustrated at my "artist's block" since completing a BFA in Sculpture in 2007, I became interested in the challenge.  Knowing about my interest and desire to get back into making visual art works, my boyfriend bought the book for me as a birthday present in February.  I finally feel ready to take the challenge.


Even though I have an interest in skulls, I want to put my own spin on the challenges.  I feel like the overall theme of Nature as subject matter will never get old for me, so my projects will relate to that general theme.  For me, the most important thing is to make something everyday and to be objective about it, making a conscious effort not to judge whether or not a piece is good, bad, or anything in between.  It is my hope that I will be inspired to cook up my own meaningful ideas again, making work from my own inspired thoughts on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment