Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Skipping

Again, life has left me a little tired and without the resources for today's challenge, mostly those valuable resources of time and energy.  So today, I will post a funny project I did a few years ago for some contemporary art class that was a totally ridiculous but kind of awesome experience.  I didn't love my teacher, but she was open minded and I learned about a lot of cool artists of the modern and post-modern movements (most of my favorite artists, actually), so it was still pretty cool.

I don't really remember the assignment or even what I set out to achieve with the proposed work.  I just remember taking pictures of tiny plastic dolls and putting them in other settings.  I knew that my photo editing wasn't great, but it wasn't meant to be, I was only illustrating a visual concept.  Here's the prototype:


Then I inserted this image into other settings.  I remember finding this all to be super hilarious, and still think it is quite funny:




And that's all for me today, time to hit the hay.  Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment