Sunday, May 29, 2011

It IS easy being green

Happy Memorial Day weekend!

I was having such a fun time yesterday cleaning my apartment that I completely forgot to post.  This girl knows how to have fun!  But honestly, my weekends have been pretty over-planned lately so the cleaning has totally escaped me.  Now that it's done, I feel so much better in my space and can enjoy my long weekend a bit.

Yesterday's challenge: It's not easy being green.  Work only with green-colored materials today.  Try working on a green surface for a real challenge.

Well, I don't really have many green surfaces, but I was super excited about this challenge.  I've mentioned before how I enjoy making things out of felt, and I decided to make a small boutonniere using green felt, embroidery floss, a pipe cleaner, and a button.  It was so much fun and I'm really happy with the result:


I've been seeing and reading about a lot of people who are using handcrafted flowers for weddings, and I completely love that idea.  Handmade flowers aren't tacky like fake flowers can be, and I think they'd be great favors for guests to take home - and excellent way to save a little cash when planning a wedding and add a personal (not to mention sustainable) touch.

Off to go to a baseball game!  I haven't been to a game in years and am really excited.  Go, Tigers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment