Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Inspiration

Today, I want to share some blogs that I really enjoy reading.  I subscribe to several blogs, but am often deleting those that don't do much for me.  It has become a bit of effort to manage looking at so many blogs!  I've actually unsubscribed from several that update too many times in a day for me to keep up with, because I just get too behind on the action.  More and more, I feel like it's important to discard the non-essential (or just non-relevant!).

I look at a variety of blogs - crafty, funny, foodie, book blogs, friend's blogs, etc.  Since I view these on my blog reader, I focus on the content rather than blog design, which I usually just find too busy/distracting.  Here are a few favorites:



A Beautiful Mess, the blog of Elise Larson (previous Flannigan, she just got married!), a very inspiring independent business owner with great fashion sense and business suave.  Oh yeah, and she has some pretty great tattoos, too.



Awesome People Hanging Out Together.  Because who knows what celebrities were/are secretly friends?  Seen here are Robert Redford and Paul Newman.



Dooce, the blog of Heather Armstrong.  She's a mom, she's a professional blogger, she owns dogs, she is helping the world, and she is also HILARIOUS.  When I am having a bad day, her blog is almost always my first choice.



I New Idea, because inventions are cool.



Yes and Yes, a feel-good lifestyle blog with lots of variety.  Sarah Von makes readers feel like longtime pals. And finally...



Zen Habits, by Leo Babauta, a minimalist who focuses on living simply and without distraction.  I like to read Leo's blog when I'm feeling stressed and hectic and need to calm down.  He is a pretty incredible person who has made major life changes and really hits home the idea of living (and being happy) with only the essential.

These blogs get me thinking creatively, or help me chill out and laugh a little then get back to work.  Blogs are like magazines for me, I love to browse.

Feel free to share some of your favorite blogs, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment