Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Haiku? Youku!

Day 39: Write a haiku about something that happens to you today or is in the news today.  Bonus: illustrate it!

I don't really follow news much and I'm feeling a little "me" today, so here are some haikus that I am writing just now, but first a cool picture of me and my pals Erica and Sam and a craft fair last fall (we don't typically look like that, it was SO cold), with a little added embellishment from Erica to jazz things up:



Went to library
In the town I live in now
Found an awesome book.

(it's true!)

Six-hundred children
Signed up for Summer Reading
My feet kind of hurt.

(well, 600 over 10 days.  Still a lot.)

That place, P. F. Chang's
Plantar Faciitis Chang's?
Not appetizing.

(Was treated this morning for Plantar Faciitis, all I could think of was P. F. Chang's)

Sugar afternoon
Not helping the strong feeling
To take a long nap.

(Cupcake or ice cream sandwich?  Answer: BOTH)

Don't bring me down, Bruce
Plays on radio a lot
I can't turn it off.

(Either it gets played a lot, or I'm great at finding it on the radio.  Regardless, I love this song!)

You interrupt me
One more time, and I will say
Shut your mouth, out loud.

(I keep thinking that one day, I'm gonna fly off the handle and do it, but I never do)

So those are some haikus.  As much as I love bonuses and would love to illustrate some of these beautiful poems, I am beyond tired this week and need to turn in.  I hope you enjoyed some of my haikus.  I could really go on all day writing these things if I had to, so much fun.

Now enjoy this great VH1 classic video:


No comments:

Post a Comment