Wednesday, July 6, 2011

41

I've taken a bit of a break from blogging to think about other things.  I actually sat down and got organized last week, taking inventory of all the projects I wanted to accomplish, both creatively and otherwise.  I've been reading more, and working on enjoying life - and to be perfectly honest, sometimes that means NOT blogging.  I spend a lot of time at work in front of a computer, and some of these 365 projects have actually taken hours to create and blog about in the past, which is more time than I have to devote to any one thing on a consecutive daily basis.  So that's my story for what's happening these days.  It's so beautiful outside too, I just have to get out in it!  Being a happier person overall helps me work better creatively, too.

But I still enjoy doing the projects.  I completed project 41 last night: Think big.  Create a large version of something that would normally be much smaller.

I scanned my apartment, and considered making the a lot of different things giant.  I decided on a AA battery, since it seemed like a simple idea with few supplies.  I cut and attached two plastic bottles, saving the cap for the little bump on one end of a battery.  I covered the bottles in paper, wrote "battery" on the side, and covered one end with electrical tape.  Here is the result:



It was kind of fun to play with the whole idea of being much smaller.  I'd love to visit a place where everything was bigger than normal, but still proportional, and see if it made me feel like a little kid again.

No comments:

Post a Comment