Monday, June 20, 2011

Sojourn

Whoa, so much for trying to post everyday even though I didn't plan on completing any challenges this past week.  Things got a little more intense than I thought, but I'm back now.

I did actually have a few moments where I considered working on a couple of the challenges. but then I checked 'em out and was really disinterested:

Day 35: Create instructions that others can use to make something and then have someone try it out.

BRAIN DOES NOT COMPUTE.  I rarely work subtractively OR collaboratively, so this challenge turned me off instantly.  Some part of me is thinking, "But Liz, you create instructions for other people all the time!", though that's usually just for work-related stuff, and not even the creative kind of work stuff.  So I opted out.

Then I looked at the next challenge:

Day 36: Take something old and make it look new.

This challenge really does appeal to me, but I actually enjoy that most of the old stuff I have that looks old. plus I couldn't think of anything other than cleaning.  I like being organized and even enjoy cleaning from time to time, but I wasn't thinking creatively about this one.  Thus, I opted out again.

I was beginning to feel bad at this point.  Am I just not thinking creatively enough?  Then I saw the challenge for Day 37: Make something with a stapler.  You can staple things together or, heck, just work with the loose staples.  Even the stapler itself can be transformed.

Alright!  I had an idea right away.  Here are some pictures:



I cut a leaf shape out of some cardboard as a template, traced it onto some of my past projects (and failed attempts I've never posted), cut 'em out, overlapped and stapled the pieces, and here is the result.  I don't always know what to do with the stuff I've already made and am a recycling advocate, so this flower is perfect.  This was a simple project, which is a great feeling to have when reintroducing the challenges into my brain after taking some time away.

I'll be back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment