Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Let's talk books

I get inspired when I research ideas about motivation and creativity that embrace people as human beings and not machines. 
I read the book Drive by Daniel Pink last year and recently was told by a coworker about a video on YouTube that visually explains some of the concepts from the book, and several others.  The RSA, a group dedicated to new ways of thinking about human fulfillment, has put together several videos that I am  also interested in viewing, just haven't had a chance yet.  Their video about Drive helps me remember some of the concepts I enjoyed so much when I first read the book:


I also read a book a few months ago called The Happiness Advantage by Shawn Achor, which I believe shares some similar themes but from a more psychological than economic standpoint.
I run into a problem with the great information I come across: I find it difficult to retain all of it.  I don’t like owning lots of books and will often make copies of certain pages or jot down important lines, but I still don’t know how to best organize those messages with which I really identify or just want to keep in mind.  I’ve kept a bulletin board, but there are just too many great things I could put up to choose which is most important.  I’ve buried printouts of great messages on clipboards, in files, and in plastic totes, only to forget about them.  On my computer, so many great things become buried under bookmarks. 
I am welcome to hear ideas on how people keep important messages organized in the forefront!

No comments:

Post a Comment