Monday, June 6, 2011

No time left for you

Hello!  Between work and concert-going, I have little time to complete today's challenge, so I hereby summon the power of Locust House to hold interest, circa 2007, where three heartbroken girls lived, laughed, and drank to cure the blues.  Oh, and listened to Dolly Parton:



Here is a photo of a mantle to a (fake) fireplace, outfitted with several personal items and candles to create quite an impressive shrine, if I do say so myself.  You will find in this picture (and have I never mentioned my keenness for lists?):
  • One framed photo of Dolly Parton, surely from sometime in the 1970s, wearing a cowgirl outfit with a beer in one hand.  She is pretty much our hero, and if you think I'm joking, think again.  She might have a ton of plastic surgery, but her songs are full of positive messages and I have a feeling she lives life to the fullest.  Plus, she does great things to promote literacy and reading.  End Dolly promotion. 
  • The letters S O S tacked above, which stand for the super secret name of an stupendous society (gettin' crazy with the alliteration) that's still floating around these days.  I can't divulge the details, didn't I say it was super secret?
  • Four (4) short figurines of The Beatles, in Yellow Submarine style.
  • No fewer than five (5) framed photographs of who-knows-what.  I think one is of me and my dad dancing, and one is of me and my roommates.
  • The very first bronze sculpture I ever made that I almost sold once but am quite glad I never did.
  • A tall ceramic vase, made by one of my high school Art teachers, purchased for me as a gift from my parents.
  • Various candles.
  • A small golden ceramic bowl that I made in pottery class, which I later gifted to my good friend, Samantha.
  • A string of small decorative lights, because any time of year/holiday calls for small decorative lights.
  • A tiny snow globe of the Duomo in Florence, a little souvenir from my Study Abroad trip in 2006.
Thanks, former roommates, for being so great.  We had some really fun and memorable times (here's a link to Erica's blog too).

These fabulous girls and I still hang out from time to time when I have the chance to visit their city (I'm the jerk that moved away for grad school).  I will post more info about upcoming craft sales that we are signed up for once the dates get closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment