Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Challenge 54

Challenge: Connect the dots.  Make something only using dots.  The dots could be stippling from a pen, the circles cut from paper using a hole punch, or even small, round price stickers.

My first thought was drawing with circles.  I've done a few stippling pieces in my day, and I love the effect but the time commitment is pretty huge.

I felt like a bit of a cheater, but I dug up my hole punch and found some price stickers.  I also found some paper that I treated many years ago with paint and written text and decided to use it as my base for this challenge:


Added some stickers

Punched holes in the outer stickers

Punched holes in the right side and a little bit of the top

Added punched out parts to the center of each non-punched label

Detail of the right side - I like that all the holes I punched don't stack up into a straight line

With some of the blue punched-out circles scattered on the top and right side of the paper

Different view

Stickers removed, just seeing how the paper looks

The back side of the paper
I had fun doing this project, not over-thinking it.  I love circles so much, in art and jewelry and most visual things, so there were really a lot of options of things that I could do for this challenge that would be satisfying for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment