Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day 50!

For those of you who have stuck with me since the beginning of this blog, thanks!  I appreciate it.  I'm only on to the 50th challenge, but I actually feel pretty proud of myself.  If I were stressing about completing one challenge every day, taking and editing photos, and writing up a summary, I'd go nuts.  And I have a feeling that this blog would be pretty boring.

So...on to #50: Be a minimalist.  Work only with white materials today.  Try working white on white for a real challenge.

Paper is white, and I have tons of paper around me - drawing pads, scrap paper, paper for the printer, wax paper, and so on.  I took some of my scrap paper and cut petals in varying sizes, then used a little scotch tape to piece them together.  I added a few little curly strips for some flair.  Here is the result, in different views:



(the paper I used is white on one said and has print/pictures/color on the back - so I guess I cheated on this challenge, but I don't care since I mostly followed the rules).  :-)

I've been making flower prototypes out of different materials for possible wedding decor, so I definitely have flowers on the brain.  This idea came about so easily and I just went with it, not really thinking of anything else I could do instead.  I like the result, and while I think it's important to push your creativity and limits, sometimes it's okay to just go with what naturally comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment