Monday, February 20, 2012

Dirty Money

Hey, it's my birthday!  I decided that I wanted to get creative with another challenge today, so here we go.

Day 49: Quantity over quality.  Work with a lot of something.  It could be dried grains from the kitchen, a jar of buttons you have in the closet, or all of your T-shirts.

A quick think and a look around and I decided to work with a jar of pennies I have.  My sister got in and created a few things too.  Here are the pics:


My first design, a swirly thing.



Christine's penny tower.



A few creations by Chris, alternating rows of shiny and dark coins.



Close-up of the snowflake design.



The unedited photo of the triangle.  I really like the way the photo looked unedited, so I decided to leave it alone.



Chris's kitty face design.



My dark-to-shiny progression design.



A close-up of the shiniest of the shinies.



And the darkest of the dark.



And some of the middle-tones.

It was fun to play with the coins and get ideas, but after even just a few minutes, my hands smell all coppery - not that I mind, but there is definitely nothing like that smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment