Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Face it!

Challenge 46: Face it.  What can you do with a face - yours or someone else's?  This doesn't have to be face painting; you could use food or something else to decorate it, or try molding it into a new shape with hands or tape and documenting it.

I actually have a lot of ideas for this challenge - I love painting, drawing, and sculpting faces.  These days, however, I've been finding that my time and energy are tapped.  I haven't done a challenge in a while and looked at this one and thought that I might have some old work I could showcase here to fit the challenge description. 

And then a wonderful, magical thing happened.  I scoured the digital pictures on my computer and found some gems. 

I few years back, a lot of people I know were trying out a funny website where you could take a photo of yourself and "insert" your face into pre-selected pictures, in essence creating a picture of yourself that looks like it's from another time in the past 60 years or so.  I can't remember the exact website, but I'm sure I could track it down if I wanted to check it out again.  Of course, I tried it out back when it was the new thing with my friends, and don't think I ever shared my photos.  Let this be my debut:


(1952)


(1960)


(1966)


(1994)


I know that these pictures aren't new work, but I thought they were funny and I needed a good laugh.  

No comments:

Post a Comment