Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Challenge 42

Today's challenge: Turn today's junk mail into something much more appealing.

My initial thought was something papier-mache with ads that come in the mail, but I didn't have time for that!  So I decided to try my hand at a blackout poem, in the style of Austin Kleon.  Here's the result:



It's a letter to time!  It says (with some added punctuation):

Dear time, you're terrific.  You love to get e-mail and photos, time.  Also, space.  Take advantage of the benefits of waiting.  Sincerely,

This task was more challenging than I thought it would be.  I bet this kind of thing takes a bit of practice and is more fun with newspaper/magazine articles and book pages than some crummy letter announcing terrific internet and cable deals.  It would be fun to get friends together to make these sometime and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment